Sunday, October 21, 2012

OK, this is serious

If I am beginning to pack two days beforehand, then we're on to something.

And I'm writing this as a break from running around my parents' place, where I have been sort of moving back to with my things since Monday, trying to figure out what I want and need to take, and being freaked out by the amount of unnecessary stuff I own and have to dig through to get to the goodies that will accompany me to NYC.

So there you go - big things ahead, it would seem!

*     *      *      *      *

Instead of getting myself sorted out before the trip, I've been spending the last days getting good amounts of sleep (most of the nights, at least) and hanging out with friends. I was waiting for the reisefieber to kick in but it was like waiting for the Godot to arrive.

My friends were giving me some incredulous looks, saying how surprised they were to see me that calm when the departure was oh, so close. I have to say I was giving myself a lot of those looks as well and was actually getting stressed out that I wasn't stressed out about leaving. I mean, I'd get those fractions of a second when suddenly it'd hit me that in 5/4/3/2 days I'd be in NYC already, and I'd get goosebumps all over, but they'd be gone as soon as they appeared. I kept on replying them (the friends, not the goosebumps) that well, there was not really all that much to stress out about - I had my tickets, had a place to stay and the money to pay for the trip, so everything else was going to fall right into place, right?

However, today during dinner (I invited my Godmother, from whom I'd been renting my room this past year, and my parents out to spend some time together and at the same time to kind of say thank you without really saying 'thank you') I could feel the tension growing until I almost started crying on the tram back, for no apparent reason. Then I told myself to get over it and well, it seems that the tension's gone.

*     *      *      *      *

What I am tense about, though, is the fact that I was supposed to have my new website up and running by now, getting ready to post my first blog from NYC already there but the friend that's helping me put it up has somehow been unreachable during the weekend. This little thing I am stressed out about, as I was so looking forward to showing you my logo!

*     *      *      *      *

OK, off to pack. Or eat. Or sleep. Or I don't know, maybe it's time to check the weather forecast or something?


Oh, by the way - if you still haven't seen  that I've entered a new travel writing piece for a contest, you can read it here. Apart from reading, I would urge you to vote for me as well. *pretty pretty please*
I can win a 2day long survival techniques training and a bunch of trekking gear, plus I'd get published in an ebook. The money will be given to charity, so it's that much better!

Speaking of ebooks, my last contest travel journal from Sicily got already published but then last night I saw that it vanished from the publisher's fanpage and ebook store. It was supposed to be available till the end of the year, so something's not right. I sent them an inquiry but seems that they don't work on the weekends. Strange much?

OK, now I'm seriously off.
Good night.


0 komentarze: