Sunday, March 20, 2011

Little bit of India in Warsaw

Surprisingly enough, one of the things I've been missing a lot since I came back is hearing Indian English and Hinglish..
 
On Wednesday I decided to go for CS weekly meeting. Arrived at Lorelai, our local CS's pub of choice, to find the whole place packed with fellow travellers. In fleeing I met A, who only managed to tell me she had just been talking to an Indian about this friend of hers who'd come back from Bombay (yes, that's me) and that he wanted to meet me. So I looked around if I knew anyone (am not really active in Warsaw CS and that was my second weekly meeting ever, the first one dating back to beg of Sept) and went to meet P, the beforementioned Indian. Man, it was sooo good to listen to some Indian accent! ;) His isn't too strong, but a 15 minute talk with him made me food- and homesick for Bombay, brought back my head tilting and the typical hand movements.. Later into the evening I'd also meet S, another Indian, and A, a Pakistani who'd been to Btown and allover the country. I looooved talking about the city and its hang out places, adding the little Hindi that I know inbetween, being understood when I said 'yaar' and not looked strangely upon whenever my question ended with a 'na?'.

On Thursday I had a couple of meetings with friends, one of which took place in Bollywood Lounge, the only bollywood club in Warsaw, and my once-upon-a-time fav place around. Unfortunately, the Butter Chicken I used to love so much (and still enjoyed a lot this time) was way too sweet, tomatoey and kinda European.. 
I love eating with my hand and did so, but when I asked for a bowl of water with lemon to wash the food off, the much surprised waitress brought me some cold water.. Little things, but make a world of difference!..

............................................................................

Other than that, my days are full of sleep, Californication (man, I'm hooked!), friends and some fitness clasess I've been trying to attend every morning. 
A has already done two projects for my business cards and I'm absolutely in love with them! 
Can't wait to have some printed out and in my pocket, ready to be used!

............................................................................

Also, have a certain project in my mind and already two life stories that I'd love to tell you, but it's still a long way to go before I can present them. I hope you'll enjoy my new idea!
Plus, today's CS meeting might turn out quite fruitful as well...


2 komentarze:

Anna said...

So do come to the Weekly Meetings more often and maybe we will have a chance to talk at last!;)
ps. Have you forgotten that the best Indian food is at T's restaurant??;PP

Magu Bee said...

I will come whenever I'm around :)

Nope, haven't forgotten, I know food there is great! Unfortunately, I'm living only off my savings so restaurants seem kind of a big expence and a waste right now.. And BL is def cheaper :)