Wednesday, January 12, 2011

There goes my marathon..

One of the exciting things that I was looking forward to was trying myself in the Mumbai marathon that's coming up this Sunday. I was supposed to do the half-marathon, a 21km route leading through the city. That's one of the reasons I wanted to stick to my jogging schedule, to build up stamina and such.

However, a small cut on my right foot has basically made it impossible ;/
I've gone away from Mumbai and went to check out Goan beaches during a 3day bike trip with a fellow CSer. I must have cut the sole of my foot somewhere on Sunday and didn't think much of it. I was spending most of my time on the beaches, so didn't wear my sandals, thus having sand, dirt and all the willing germs in the open cut 24/7. It kind of hurt but what was I to do.
And so Tue morning I came back to Mumbai (more on Goa and pics coming soon), got home, caught up with my work emails, prepared for a meeting downtown and left in the early afternoon. I had my yoga in the evening so made sure I was back in Andheri by 7. It took quite a long rickshaw ride and for the first time since I've been here, the pollution really started bothering me. I had 10mins to my class when I got off in front of my house, so ran upstairs to change and was out again. Halfway through the yoga class I started feeling a bit nauseous and out of breath but thought it was a momentary feeling.  Unfortunately for me, it wasn't. I got back home feeling really sick, feverish, plus the foot hurting a bit. I was getting worse when S, my life saviour and calories provider, called me and expressed his disappointment in my stupidity (not having disinfected the cut..) and told me to get over to his granny's, who's a doctor. Already by then I was quite weak and grumpy, but got into a rick (the worst ride so far) and cruised south to get help. For the first time since I can remember I got an injection on my buttocks! The granny's also given me some medicine and a prescription for the following days.

The lady's in her 70s but doesn't look it at all. She does all sorts of yoga and at that age is more flexible than most of my sportsy friends.. :) Sooo, to end this extremely boring story, I ran a highish fever the whole night, had problems sleeping, even cried some 'cause of the headache.

Today was spent mostly in bed sleeping. Did some work when I was sober enough to do it and the went back to sleep.
Had a huge choclate cake and cheesy mushroom craving in the evening, so me and S decided to hit the local Mexican restaurant, Samy Sosas.
Salma's salad with chicken, mushrooms, zucchini and other veggies in a cheesy sauce

Chicken stuffed with mushrooms, plus mashed potates and rice with a bit of boiled veggies on top

After stuffing ourselves with good food, we decided to go for a ride and walk a bit to stretch our legs.

S making "an important phone call" ;)

Feeling, and looking, way better than last night.

We got off at Carter road and of course, OF COURSE, ended up eating.. This time a cinnamon roll with a chocolate filling @ Cinnabon.

Now I'm almost as good as new, with only a bit of a fever during the day, taking antibiotics for the foot infection and sleeping way too much. Unfortunately though, everyone's telling me I can't take part in the marathon :( 
Luckily enough, nobody's said anything about the pre-marathon party that's taking place on Friday in Oberoi hotel :D 
I just hope my dress comes back from the dry cleaning.. :)

0 komentarze: